• Frequently asked questions

    The Master Builders Association of NSW receives numerous calls from consumers, builders, subcontractors and the like. Compiled below is a list some of the most commonly asked questions. 

    Can't find what you're looking for? Contact Us

    • We issue a default username and password when you first join. The details were contained in your welcome email.

      If you can't find this, don’t worry. Send an email to membership@mbansw.asn.au with your member number and we’ll reply with your login details.

      Alternatively, call the Member Services team on 02 8586 3515 and we'll do it over the phone for you.

    • Yes. Master Builders can assess your past industry experience and trade skills through a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment process.

    • Yes. MBA represents small, medium to large civil construction companies across NSW. In fact, small civil companies benefit greatly by MBA membership through our services and our membership discounts on vehicles, fuel and other business expenses. 

    • In NSW there is no strict legislative requirement for a site supervisor to be trained in WHS, i.e. not required to hold a Certificate III in OHS (or other formal OHS qualification). 

      However, there is the very broad duty imposed by the WHS Act 2011 on PCBU’s to ensure the health and safety of workers and others. 

      The WHS Act 2011 expands on this duty, requiring PCBU’s to provide the information, instruction and training necessary to protect persons from risks to their health and safety. That is, it is good business practice to train supervisors, enabling them to effectively meet the needs of their roles in site management.

      To assist members to meet in training their site managers, site supervisors and site foreman, Master Builders runs the SuperSafe program which has been designed to motivate participants to adopt a systematic, risk management style of management and leadership, to provide participants with the practical skills needed to be an effective supervisor, and to provide participants with the skills and behaviours to positively affect the safety culture on their jobs.

    • You will be required to undertake and successfully complete the Remove Non-Friable Asbestos training course offered by Master Builders. This is required for you to apply for a Class B Licence from SafeWork NSW. This licence class allows you to remove 10 square metres of non-friable asbestos.

    • Not necessarily. Master Builders offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), which is a process that acknowledges and assesses your previous experience. If you are granted RPL, your course can be reduced in time, workload and possibly cost.

    • We recommend that you call our Training Department on 02 8586 3588 to speak with our Course Enquiries Officer so that we can help to direct your enquiry.

02 8586 3555

© Master Builder Association of NSW